Foster a cohesive community by organizing fun, interesting events for the entire community so neighbors can meet and socialize each other.
What is the Social Committee?
From time to time, people have asked exactly what does the Social Committee do? Well, we are a volunteer group ofCreekside residents who plan and organize our neighborhood activities. We are always looking for more volunteers. The group has meetings once a month and we work at the events we plan. It is a great way to meet your neighbors and help cultivate a sense of community. Please consider joining our committee or any of the other committees. We can only continue planning social events if the residents are willing to take an active role in making our activities the best they can be!
- Select a chairman or 2 co-chairs
- Brainstorm ideas for association social events & plan events for the year in advance.
- Create an annual budget with an estimated cost for each actual event.
- For each event, create an itemized budget to be approved by the Board of Directors before any spending takes place.
- Report planned events to the Communication Committee ( via the Board, newsletter coordinator, or FirstService Residential) for notification to the neighborhood.
- Execute the proposed events. Some ideas:
- All activities which HOA funds go toward should be all inclusive of the community members. Examples: Garage/yard sales, “Taste of “Your Community”, pot-lucks, holiday events: decorating contests, Easter egg hunts, Halloween hay-ride, Thanksgiving parade, back-to-school party, and ice cream socials.
- Events for specific groups are great, but can not involve HOA funds. Some examples are: Ladies/men’s night out, couples night out, supper club, Mom’s playgroups/babysitting co-op, card clubs, and movie night.
- Submit a newsletter article each quarter to the Communication Committee, or to FirstService Residential if no Communication Committee exists.
- Report activities to and work at the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Suggested membership of 3 persons minimum, and no maximum number of members.
Examples of Subcommittees of the Social Committee:
- Welcome (or Hospitality) Committee
Examples of Activity Groups:
- Mothers Day Out
- Mens Poker Night